December 27, 2009

Putting the 'Christ' in Christmas

Big Sis was busy writing away, which is something that occupies most of her time these days, when she asked me how to spell Christmas. Taking this opportunity as a "teachable moment" I begin telling her how we have to spell "Christ" first and begin saying something like: "Do you know why we have to spell Christ first?", when before the whole sentence even left my mouth her sweet little voices said in a very stern manner, "I don't want to spell CHRIST"! WHAT? I thought we had really been lucky to have explained the nativity story and she really got it! I didn't even know what to say. So, I started to answer her with "Well, then we can't spell Christmas." to which she responded "Fine. I guess I'll spell Christ!"

2 comments:

The Losch Family said...

She's such a funny girl. You are lucky!

Eryn said...

oh my. she is really too gorgeous.