November 10, 2009

The Stats Are In...

...and Baby Girl is still a peanut! She had her check up appt. yesterday. She will be 20 months on Thursday. She is currently weighing in at 21 lbs. and 4 oz, 35 in. long. She has almost all her teeth except 2 yr molars. She loves to be held, snuggled, tickled, just about anything. She has so many words I can no longer keep track and is speaking 2 and 3 word sentances. Some of my faves are "You ok Mom?", "Sat?" (what's that?), "Oh, here it is.", "Where are you?" and the list goes on and on. Baby Girl was talking in the Doctors office and Dr. Tina was blown away by her speech. She's already recognizing things like Ariel, Dora and walking around saying "Backpack" and "Oh man" from Dora the Explorer. She loves animals still, has no fear of the street and is quite the climber.
Every time I look at her I smile. It's quite difficult to punish or discipline her because her spirit is one of joy and she can melt my heart so easily. She's got her defiant streak, more so than her sister did at this stage. However, different that her sister, she is breakable and I am so thankful for this. While I spend more time teaching her at this stage, I feel can see more progress and hope that it will be beneficial when she is 3 yrs. old.
She and Big Sis are finally starting to really play together. Big Sis is so good with her and genuinely loves being a Big Sister! I pray this continues as they grow!

During this season of thankfulness, I couldn't feel more blessed by God to have been given two beautiful girls to care for. While I feel inadequate for the job, I trust His plan for each of their lives and love seeing the milestones we discover every day.



2 comments:

Erica said...

Great Post...She is a little sweet heart!

The Losch Family said...

You gave me goosebumps! Can you start writing my blog for me?

She is beautiful and you are doing a wonderful job! Way to go to the whole Moore family!